ACM China Council
The ACM China Council was formed by ACM to recognize and support ACM members and activities in China.
About the ACM China Council
ACM has launched an effort aimed at increasing the level and visibility of ACM activities across China. The ACM community in China is growing in membership, number of chapters, sponsored conferences and symposia.
The ACM China Council comprises a cross section of the computer science and information technology community committed to increasing the visibility and relevance of ACM in China. The council is focused on a wide range of ACM activities, from creating channels to bring more high-quality ACM activities to China; to expanding ACM chapters; to enhancing access to the ACM Digital Library and publications for ACM members in China; to increasing the participation of ACM members in China across all dimensions of ACM.
Goals of the ACM China Council
The goals of the ACM China Council are to:
- serve as a professional network for individuals who are involved with the science and technology of computing
- contribute to advancing computing as a science and profession in China
- encourage students to take an active interest in the emerging and exciting world of computing
What is ACM?
ACM is the premier educational and scientific membership organization uniting the world's computing educators, researchers, professionals and students. ACM strengthens the profession's collective voice through strong leadership, promotion of the highest ethical and technical standards, and recognition of technical excellence.
ACM's more than 100,000 members come from industry, academia, and government institutions worldwide.
What does ACM do?
ACM carries out its mission of advancing computing as a science and profession through conferences, publications, educational programs, and special interest groups. It sponsors more than 170 conferences annually, as well as publishes, distributes, and archives more than 50 publications that provide original research and perspectives from the world's leading thinkers.
ACM Resources for Everyone:
ACM will enrich your professional, educational, and research life with our:
- Digital Library containing full text of all ACM publications and conference proceedings, and the Guide to Computing Literature, a database with 1-million+ bibliographic citations
- Special Interest Groups sponsoring 170+ conferences worldwide
- World-class Publications
- Learning Center featuring Online Books & Courses
- Student and Professional Member Benefits
- Local Chapters