ACM Returns to SXSW with Networking Party and Sessions on AI and Data Analysis
Febuary 9, 2017
For the second year in a row, ACM will head to the SXSW Interactive Festival, an internationally recognized event that brings innovators and entrepreneurs from around the world to Austin, Texas. At this year’s conference, taking place March 10 to 19, ACM will host an official SXSW party featuring successful tech entrepreneurs and investors, and sponsored sessions with Eric Horvitz and Jeff Heer.
Three successful tech entrepreneurs have been invited to share their experiences and advice at the “ACM Tech Entrepreneurs Meet-and-Greet” Official SxSW Party:
- Eric Tobias, partner of HighAlpha, a VC/incubator firm specializing in cloud startups
- Kim Taylor, CEO and co-founder of Ranku, an online education support startup that was acquired by Wiley
- Theo Schlossnagle, CEO and founder of Circonus, a software analytics and monitoring company
Eat, drink and mingle with tech entrepreneurs and investors from venture capital and incubator firms on Sunday, March 12 from 7:00 - 9:00 pm at the Moonshine Patio Bar & Grill, 303 Red River Street.
ACM-sponsored sessions feature:
- Eric Horvitz, Technical Fellow/Managing Director at Microsoft:
AI on the Horizon: Challenges, Directions, Futures
Saturday, March 11, 9:30-10:30 am, JW Marriott Salon 7, 110 E 2nd St.
- Jeff Heer, Associate Professor of Computer Science, University of Washington and Co-Founder & Chief Experience Officer, Trifacta Inc.:
Interactive Data Analysis: Visualization & Beyond
Monday, March 13, 9:30 - 10:30 am, JW Marriott Salon H, 110 E 2nd St.
Tell your friends: #ACMatSXSW