Chapter Member Newsletter
ACM Chapter Member News | March 2017
Welcome to the March 2017 edition of the ACM Chapter Member News
Chapters are the "local neighborhoods" of ACM. Our Professional and Student chapters worldwide serve as nodes of activity for ACM members and the computing community at large, offering seminars, lectures, and the opportunity to meet peers and experts in many fields of interest. With over 1000 active chapters worldwide, we would like to take the time now to connect with all of you, and bring you a few ACM Highlights.
HEADLINES AT A GLANCE:
ACM Student Chapter Excellence Awards
It is that time of year again! The ACM Student Chapter Excellence Awards recognizes outstanding ACM student chapters. All student chapters in good standing are encouraged to apply for this award in five key areas:
To be considered for one or more of these awards, ACM student chapters must submit an application to email@example.com by April 20, 2016.
Winning chapters in each of these categories will receive $500 and a "best of" icon to proudly display on their chapter's website. Also, these chapters will be recognized on the ACM website and in ACM MemberNet.
For more information, please visit http://www.acm.org/chapters/student-chapter-excellence-awards
Please be sure to abide by the 500 word maximum for the essay portion. If your essay is longer, it will be truncated and only the first 500 words will be submitted to the judges.
On January 19th, Azerbaijan ACM Chapter held a workshop for computing professionals from the industry and public sector, as well as faculty and students from ADA University, Baku State University, Baku Higher Oil School and State Oil and Industrial University.
The workshop included the following topics:
- The history of ACM in Azerbaijan
- Benefits of starting a chapter
- 3rd ACM Europe Chapter Leaders Workshop in Prague, Czechia
- womENcourage 2016 conference in Linz, Austria
- Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing conference in Houston, Texas, USA
Congratulations Azerbaijan ACM Chapter on a successful workshop and keep up the great work.
If your chapter would like to be featured in the chapter spotlight please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of your recent event.
- Amrita School of Engineering/Bangalore ACM-W Student Chapter
- Arkansas State University ACM Student Chapter
- Bryn Mawr College ACM-W Student Chapter
- China ACM SIGAI Chapter
- Coastal Carolina University ACM Student Chapter
- Cogswell College ACM Student Chapter
- CSU Monterey Bay ACM Student Chapter
- Dhaka ACM SIGCHI Chapter
- DIHE ACM Student Chapter
- DYPCOE ACM-W Student Chapter
- Evangel University ACM Student Chapter
- Fisk University ACM-W Student Chapter
- German ACM SIGCHI Chapter
- Harbin ACM-W Chapter
- Johns Hopkins University ACM-W Student Chapter
- Kottayam ACM Chapter
- MITAOE ACM Student Chapter
- MJP Rohilkhand University ACM Student Chapterr
- NSU ACM Student Chapter
- NWMSU ACM SIGCSE Student Chapter
- PCAD ACM SIGGRAPH Chapter
- PICT ACM Student Chapter
- SIGHPC Systems Professionals ACM Chapter
- Singapore ACM SIGKDD Chapter
- SIRT ACM Student Chapter
- SIRT ACM-W Student Chapter
- SKCET ACM Student Chapter
- Southern Utah University ACM-W Student Chapter
- St. Joseph's College of Engineering and Technology, Palai ACM Student Chapter
- Suez Canal University ACM Student Chapter
- Transylvania University ACM Student Chapter
- UCSC ACM Student Chapter
- UIPR-Bayamon ACM Student Chapter
- Union County College ACM Student Chapter
- University of California San Diego ACM-W Student Chapter
- University of Central Florida ACM-W Student Chapter
- University of South Asia ACM Student Chapter
- University of Tulsa ACM SIGGRAPH Student Chapter
- Utah State University ACM Student Chapterr
- Valley City State University ACM Student Chapter
Not an ACM Member yet? Whether you are a student or a professional, ACM has great benefits to offer you. Read all about ACM's many benefits and membership options.
Chapter and Chapter Member Benefits
Be sure to take advantage of the benefits ACM Chapters and ACM Chapter Members receive.
Written by leading domain experts for software engineers, ACM Case Studies provide an in-depth look at how software teams overcome specific challenges by implementing new technologies, adopting new practices, or a combination of both. Often through first-hand accounts, these pieces explore what the challenges were, the tools and techniques that were used to combat them, and the solution that was achieved.
ACM offers lifelong learning resources including online books from O'Reilly, online courses from Skillsoft, TechTalks on the hottest topics in computing and IT, and more.