Insurance for Chapter Events
Some venues require ACM chapters to provide a certificate of insurance before hosting an event. In order to issue a certificate of insurance, we need the following information:
1. Date of Event
2. Name of Event
3. Name and address of company who will be the certificate holder
4. Service the certificate holder will be providing the conference
5. Location of event, including address
6. Type of event
7. Projected number of participants
8. Number of volunteers
9. Will alcohol be available? If yes, who will provide
10. Contact info to email certificate (name, fax, email)
Please submit this information to Local Activities Coordinator, at least two weeks in advance of the event.
ACM offers lifelong learning resources including online books from O'Reilly, online courses from Skillsoft, TechTalks on the hottest topics in computing and IT, and more.
Why I Belong to ACM
Hear from Bryan Cantrill, vice president of engineering at Joyent, Ben Fried chief information officer at Google, and Theo Schlossnagle, OmniTI founder on why they are members of ACM.