Reasons to Transition to Professional Membership
Special Rate for ACM Professional Membership to Active Student Members
ACM offers a special ACM Professional Membership rate to active Student Members to help make the transition to their professional careers by providing continuous learning opportunities. This one-year-only transition rate of $49 USD (regularly $99) is for recent graduates and includes all the benefits of Professional Membership.
Transitioning to ACM Professional Membership provides:
- A subscription to ACM's flagship publication Communications of the ACM, in print and online - http://cacm.acm.org
- Full access to hundreds of online books from Safari® Books Online, Books24x7®, Morgan Kaufmann, and Syngress - https://learning.acm.org/e-learning
- Full access to online courses from Skillsoft® - https://learning.acm.org/e-learning
- Discounts on ACM Special Interest Group conference registrations - http://www.acm.org/conferences
- A subscription to the ACM Digital Library at only $50 USD, a full 50% off the regular rate (first year after graduation only) - http://dl.acm.org
- Full access to ACM's Career & Job Center, featuring a wide variety of highly targeted technology jobs, including hundreds of corporate job postings often not seen on commercial sites - http://jobs.acm.org
- Full member access to the ACM Queue website featuring blogs, online discussions and debates, plus video and audio content - http://queue.acm.org
- Technical Interest Profile Alerts provide ACM professional members with monthly email alerts pointing them to articles in the ACM Digital Library, conferences, online courses, and publications, targeted to their technical interests - https://www.myacm.org/dashboard.cfm
- The opportunity to engage with the ACM community by recommending a member for an Advanced Member Grade, as well as self-nominate for Senior Member status - http://awards.acm.org
- An assigned Personal Customer Service Representative
- A free "acm.org" email forwarding account with spam filtering
- A professional network of more than 100,000 fellow ACM members
- The opportunity to vote in ACM elections, exercising your franchise and having a say in who represents ACM
Recent graduates can take advantage of this special transition offer by using ACM's convenient online renewal process, or by contacting ACM Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 1-800-342-6626 (US and Canada) or +1-212-626-0500 (Global).
Why I Belong to ACM
Hear from Bryan Cantrill, vice president of engineering at Joyent, Ben Fried chief information officer at Google, and Theo Schlossnagle, OmniTI founder on why they are members of ACM.
ACM offers lifelong learning resources including online books from Safari, online courses from Skillsoft, webinars on the hottest topics in computing and IT, and more.