ACM SGB Meeting Materials, March 27, 2009
March 27, 2009 SGB Meeting
- SIGSAM Program Review March 2009
- SIGSAM Slides March 2009
- SIGMICRO Program Review March 2009
- SIGMICRO Slides March 2009
- SIGSOFT Program Review March 2009
- SIGMM Program Review March 2009
- SIGMM Slides March 2009
- SIGSIM Program Review March 2009
- SIGSAC Program Review March 2009
- SIGSAC Slides March 2009
- SIGMOD Program Review March 2009
- SIGSIM Slides March 2009
- History Committee Presentation March 2009
- SIGSOFT Slides March 2009
- SIGMOD Slides March 2009
- March 2009 SGB Meeting Minutes
Why I Belong to ACM
Hear from Bryan Cantrill, vice president of engineering at Joyent, Ben Fried chief information officer at Google, and Theo Schlossnagle, OmniTI founder on why they are members of ACM.
Written by leading domain experts for software engineers, ACM Case Studies provide an in-depth look at how software teams overcome specific challenges by implementing new technologies, adopting new practices, or a combination of both. Often through first-hand accounts, these pieces explore what the challenges were, the tools and techniques that were used to combat them, and the solution that was achieved.
ACM Queue’s “Research for Practice” serves up expert-curated guides to the best of computing research, and relates these breakthroughs to the challenges that software engineers face every day. This installment, “The DevOps Phenomenon” by Anna Wiedemann, Nicole Forsgren, Manuel Wiesche, Heiko Gewald and Helmut Krcmar, gives an overview of stories from across the industry about software organizations overcoming early hurdles of adopting DevOps practices, and coming out on the other side with tighter integration between software and operations teams, faster delivery times for new software features, and achieving higher levels of stability.